Thursday, August 5, 2010

So You Think You're Special....You're Not

I was having a conversation with someone a few days back. In that conversation, I said something pompous about I can have anyone I want if I tried. Listen, before you all get the side eye on me. Anyone can have anyone they want. She said that's not true because everyone is different. I said not really. As special as we all like to think we are, we really are not as unique as some would like to believe.
I know some of you are thinking, that's a lie. It's not. My logic in this is everyone has a base. Everyone has a foundation to them. Everyone has a base to them which can be asserted to another person. Example, if a girl is looking for a guy who is hood. If she looks on the corner of a block at 5 guys. There is a base to all of them that she could play on. She could use that base to acquire any one of the men out of that group. If a guy wanted a girl who is wholesome, there is some type of base that he can draw off of to figure that person out and how to go about attaining this person. The hardest part will be getting the person to divulge about themselves initially. But once they do, and you understand that base about the person, you got them.
We all would like to believe that we are so unique and such a free spirit. You're really not. Sorry to say it like that but you're not. Think of the age old phrase, show me who your friends are and I can tell you who you are. Why is that? Because your friends have a similar base as you to where another person ca figure you out just like everyone else can. There is a base formula to who you are as a person. If I take A characteristics about you + B characteristics, they will = C, your base and who you are. After C, there may be little nuances about you that make you a bit more distinguishable, but that's about it....thank you for taking a look into My Thoughts...

No comments: