Thursday, September 2, 2010

Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be...

"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be" by John Wooden. I can't take credit for this quote. I was listening to the recent events of of the rapper T.I.. In a "routine" traffic stop, they puled over T.I. and and Tiny. There was an aroma of marijuana in the car. The police searched the car and found a controlled substance. My first thought' " Didn't this fool get an MTV special Road to Redemption?" Then all I could think was I am extremely disappointed in this guy. You are looked at by a lot of people and for you to rob your fans again because of another decision to change you couldn't uphold.
It is sad how many T.I.'s we run into in our lives. It is sad that sometimes, we are the T.I.'s of the world. I hope that people really take the time to understand when it's time to change, it's time to change. You are setting yourself up to fail repeatedly doing things the exact same way that landed you in a predicament. You are setting yourself up to feel things about yourself and others when you refuse to change from your current state. If your way has been wrong for so long, what makes you feel it will be right this time. I pray for T.I. and Tiny. I hope both of them get their lives in order. T.I. needs to understand he is above nothing in this world. We are all susceptible to the same failures and fate despite our bank account, our status, and our pride. Every time you choose to never change, you choose to fail. It's OK to fail. Failure spurns growth and change. Being content with your failure is another story. I wonder if T.I. is content with his shortcomings. Ignorance can no longer be an excuse. As publicized as celebrity, athlete, political, etc. failures are publicized, you know where you don't want to be in life. I believe failure is a part of life, growth, and success. Failure is to be learned from, not bound by....thank you for taking a look into My Thoughts...

No comments: