Sunday, October 10, 2010

Do We Hate Our Women???

When I tell you love black women...I mean it. I love their style, their walk, their pride, their strength, their smell....you get the picture. I especially love the chocolate sisters. Chocolate sisters are definitely my weakness. Much love to the light skinned women but ehhhh....get your weight up lol. I think black women are strong. They deal with so much from the outside. They have two things working against them which makes it hard for them to be respected as they should. 1. They're Black. 2. They're Women. It's hard enough being a woman in America. Even white women still can't get an even break. BUT to BLACK on top of that is an even harder mountain to climb at time. In some points of view, they are at the bottom of the food chain. Women, as a whole, have it hard enough getting equal treatment. You know it's rough when white women don't want to include you in the struggle. IT'S A SHAME TO SEE THAT BLACK MEN TREAT BLACK WOMEN LIKE THEY ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN TOO....

I was riding home with my frat brothers listening to a song and it appalled me that we are the only race to speak so low of our women publicly. We degrade them in our music terribly. We talk about them as they are worthless. When an artist is saying the word "bitch" in a song..He;s not talking about every race. I don't want to hear that. He knows he is talking about a black chick. I was happy to hear that Spelman had a problem with that song. Good for them. As black men, we are doing a horrible job of displaying the best sides of black women. When we are calling them video hoes and portraying them as objects more than women, we are hurting their cause for equal rights. We are also carrying on a legacy of black women being treated with such contempt, in OUR OWN RACE ESPECIALLY!!! I was listening to "Keep Ya Head Up" by 2Pac. The lyrics that got to me were, "I wonder why we take from our women/ Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?" I have to ask..Do we hate our women??? What is it that keeps lack men belittling them instead of uplifting the, The little negative things that we do to black women give more life to negative things that other races will adopt. Going back to the display of black women in videos, black women have a great shape. Black women have some of the sexiest curves known to man. Instead of parading them around as a women to be used and disposed of after, parade her around in the video as someone to be adored. I know someone will be reading, it's just a video but like I said, it's the little things that we give life to.

My next favorite line from that song from Pac is, "I think it's time to kill for our women/Time to heal our women, be real to our women/And if we don't we'll have a race of babies/ That will hate the ladies, that make the babies." He is so true. Black men need to do more to protect and uphold the image of black women. They need to do everything they can to protect her in every possible. I'm hard on black women but I am down for them. I understand that some weren't protected or guided by influential black men in their lives. The treatment that they may receive from black men later can hugely affect their mindset. We need to protect their image too for those who come behind us. This cycle of women being disrespected should not be passed on to the next generation. The status of women cannot continue to be diminished year by year. Black women make so many great strides too. They are graduating at higher rates than black men. They are gaining access to positions black men are still fighting for in life. How can we, as black men, continue to degrade them if they are doing so much more than us? We need to celebrate their achievements and everything else which makes them great...thank you for taking a look into My Thoughts...

No comments: