Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Wonder Do Black People Get It....



I know this is supposed to be a joke. I can't lie, I found it funny but at what expense is the laughter? It is things like this which is why white people go hard on the President. We have no respect for him in our own culture. I know everyone will say, this is a joke and it's meant to be funny. It's little things like this that white America uses against us. Black people don't want to admit it but damn near everything we do is under scrutiny. Racism is still out there. If you want to be blind, be blind but it exists all around us. I looked at the comments below for the video and this one person @LILMTJ1 got blasted for comments informing people of how this makes people and the president look. They called LILMTJ1 uppity, told them to lighten up, and so on. SWEETCADYK87 said something that basically sums up this post, " Wake the fuck up "BLACK AMERICA" the joke is on us!" Truth. The joke is on us and we perpetuate the joke more and more as we fail to see the sad undertone of this video. Obama has carried himself as a man of humility, integrity, distinction, pride, and principle from his campaign and throughout his presidency. Yet, we belittle all that by delighting in a video that portrays him as arrogant, a weed-smoking, reckless, an adulterer, and so on. No this one video won't ruin his career but inform me where it helps..........hmmm????.......exactly....nothing to say.......




This white guy made me upset by delighting in the mockery of our president. But I couldn't get mad at him when I see that there are a lot of BLACK people who delight in the mockery of our president. We can complain all we want on how the media treats Obama, but are BLACK people any better? Blacks minimize TOO OFTEN!!! They get mad when people of THEIR own color take this seriously but if a white man started talking, now it's a big deal. Separation in our own race. 2PAC said this in his song Changes: " We gotta start making changes, learn to see me as a brother instead of two distant strangers." We have to come together in union to help support each other and uplift each other. We can't play on two different sides of the field. One mind, one voice. White people should never get a chance to be amused at the expense of our leader and "solidarity." I could go on and on...but I will cut it off there..thank you for taking a look into My Thoughts...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel this is Chanettia, I didnt feel like signing up for an account-

Anyways. I'm not going to sit here and lie. I definitely laughed a couple of times during the video. Now Im not justifying my laughter, but I think the reason I laughed had to do with the fact the video was so unrealistic. The only thing that was close to reality was the person that played Michelle Obama!! Lol. She looked almost like her. Anyways, I definitely agree with you when you said we have to be careful of what our own people put out there because other people take it and run with it. White people do videos like this about each other all the time, but I think it's different for us because we can afford this type of "humor" or whatever you want to call it in our community. This also leads me to saying even though I know this video is unrealistic, unfortunately not even person in the black community may see it as such. There are some people who dont even know the significance of the senate and so forth. With this being said, this kind of humor can be dangerous when there is a lack of education about politics and culture. Im going to leave it there. Thanks for the blog. I didn't know about this video.

Anonymous said...

*correction, we cant afford this type of humor.

Anonymous said...

One more correction. Not every person in the black community. I should have proof read. Oh well.

Handsome_soul said...

I agree that the video is soooo unrealistic too but doesn't do any good big picture. It's very different for us and I think that is something that gets minimized. Unfortunately, their is a lack of education in the area of politics in the black community. Some feel that the president is the say all, end all. It doesn't even work like that slightly. But we can dance in circles on this one. You got the memo lol