Friday, September 23, 2011

If Not Now, When??

Simple words but but very hard to absorb at times. We always are looking to put things on hold for one reason or another. We always want to wait things out to see how thing swill play out for one reason or another. Could it be out of the fear of knowing if we did x, we may never get to y? That possibly could be so but the key thing to think about is: How will we ever know if we don't actively try? How will we truly confront the problem if we are scared of what the solution will cost us? What are we waiting on to find all that out? How can we know how great we will be when we are settling for doing just fine? As I convey this message to some of you, I am thinking even now about my own life. I think about the times I have gotten in my own way and ways I am still in my own way. Frustrating as hell to me when I stop and think about it.
There are lies that we have allowed ourselves to become truths to us that hold us back. Are we ready to confront them? If not now, when? Do it today. I have been running from a truth that I myself am making a commitment to confront. I feel that if I confront this truth now and make some hard, hard decisions I gain freedom. Freedom and more hope to a greater future for myself. I can't out it off any longer. Time waits for no one. I get older every minute. I need to be getting wiser every minute as well.
People are afraid to try because of a fear of failure so they wait and wait hoping that things will work out for the best. When will you find out? If not now, when? Fail now because the wisdom that you acquire is one step closer to you being successful. You don't focus on the failure, you focus on all the things you're doing right. Believe me, you'll be doing some things right. There are people who are faced with making hard decisions today who need to make them. If not now, when? I won't lie and say it's easy because the decision will probably be not. It may be one of the hardest decisions you will ever make in your life. It could be a career change, it could be a relationship change, it could be to live your dreams instead of the career you've made, or it could be in regards to your health. Whatever it could be, it probably will be one of the most difficult decisions you will make in your life to this point. But it is necessary to do something!! Waiting to act on a problem you're facing could be a wasted minute of your life that you could be doing something to fix it! Do it now. You probably will get your feelings hurt 100 times before you breakthrough. But that one moment of victory makes all those moments of defeat that much more rewarding because you didn't allow yourself to be broken...thank you for taking a look into My Thoughts...

No comments: