Monday, January 28, 2013

Beware the Comfort Zone

Our comfort zones are great. We wish we could dwell in them forever at a time.
The Comfort Zone is our living, work, and social environments that we have grown accustom too. It determines the type of friends we make or people we associate with. It determines a life style we accept or reject. And many of us reject the notion of stepping out of our comfort zones out of fear. But some of our comfort zones are probably the worst things for us. They make us complacent. They make us weak in a sense. We have to step outside of our comfort zones or get away from them period.

We take comfort in some people we probably shouldn't be taking comfort in period. We think that they are a great thing but they never push us to expand ourselves outside our boundaries at times. They don't encourage our growth truly if it comes as a detriment to them. They love the normality of things as it applies to them. We have to be careful of this. You may need to expand your horizons!

I myself am trying to leave my comfort zones. My comfort zone will be what caps me in life. I get angry thinking about how I just have pushed myself but not to my highest peaks so far in life. I want to be great, period. And that comes from not living in security but through overcoming fear.

No comments: