Thursday, June 23, 2016

I Think I Like Me

Have you ever stopped, sat down, and thought about your life? You ever thought about the person you were when you were younger? Maybe even 6 months ago? You ever thought about some of the decisions you made? You ever thought about some of the beliefs that you had? Do you feel the same about those beliefs now as you did then? Would you make some of those same decisions now?

Anyone who knows me very well knows that I think very highly of myself, at times to a fault I admit. To the point where some may call me arrogant, an ass, self-centered, etc. Some of those are fair from time to time. Anyone who knows me knows that if you are my friend, I'm down for you no matter what. I can't say I will always be a perfect friend but truly, if you need me, I will make a way for you. I digress. Anyway, I was sitting thinking about my life a few years ago. I asked myself this question: Would I hang out with myself 5 years ago? Hell, a year ago. I sat long and hard about this and my answer was a resounding: NO.  I look back at myself the and the decisions I was taking with my life. The direction I was going. The way I viewed things in my life. The way I viewed things of this world. I really wouldn't want to be my friend, let alone kick it with me. I tucked a lot of it away so many wouldn't see. But those who did, I'm sorry. I really am.

"Life is about growth and evolution. Life is about treating people well. Life is full of joy and pain.   Life is a process. You should be looking to do better than what you were doing yesterday." I mean that when I say that. That should always be on the forefront of our minds. Progression and self-improvement. Whether it is spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, etc. I have progressed my life in some areas. I want to get to a point where I wouldn't want to hang out with me 5 years from now. Not because I was doing something wrong but because the person 5 years from today SHOULD and WILL be better. I want my 5 year self to thank my present self...thank you for taking a look in to My Thoughts...

No comments: